Gravity die casting is perhaps the oldest method of producing cast parts. It involves pouring molten metal into a mould under only the force of gravity, without the use of any other external stimuli. While this process is slower than pressurized castings, it does have certain distinct advantages. Gravity casting is a relatively simple process and as such relatively inexpensive. Furthermore, the moulds used in this process are also cheaper to produce compared to the high strength moulds needed for pressurized castings. Additionally, due to the way the molten metals flow into the mould, this process is especially suited for parts that require heat treatment later on.
RPPL has extensive capabilities in supplying gravity die cast components. Please contact us to determine if this is the right process for your parts.
GDC Infrastructure Details:
- In-house mould making capability
- Over 50,000 Tonnes of annual capacity
- Installed capacity to produce ~6 million alloy wheels annually
- In-house painting facility
- In-house assembly services. Currently producing over 90,000 critical assemblies daily